Monday, September 17, 2007

I'm Back!

Wow! Where do I start? So much has happened since Wednesday morning. We arrived in Branson, MO at about noon -- spent the day shopping at Branson Landing and the outlet malls, crashed and burned that night. Thursday, I spent the day at Silver Dollar City, checking out all the craftsmen and shows, visiting with my spinning and weaving buddies who had booths at SDC. Friday, I dressed in my old-fashioned dress, bloomers and apron and spent the day helping my friend Linda www.yarnfarm.net at her booth. I got to spin a little on her Majacraft Rose spinning wheel, but mostly I demonstrated sock knitting and answered questions. My husband and son arrived there at about 2:00. What is it about SDC? I dearly love the place and especially the Craftsmen Festival. I feel in my element doing the things I love to do, visiting with people who love yarn, fiber, spinning, weaving, crafts, etc..... The weather was so perfect! Saturday was downright chilly. I loved it!!!!! Saturday, in the afternoon, we made a trip to Springfield to one of my favorite yarn stores, Simply fibers ltd. http://www.simplyfibers.com/ . They had some of the Panda Cotton by Crystal Palace that I wanted so badly to make my shrug with, in a color that was not so springish (Sable). Yes, I have started it already and am about 1/2 done on one side. So now, I have another project to do for my photo shoot. I, also, found this really great free pattern, check it out http://www.elann.com/showfreepattern.asp?id=193024 . It looked great on, so there's another project I want to make. I know I still need to get pictures of my Baruffa shawl and finished shrug. Hopefully, today!

No comments: