Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bah Humbug!

I am such a Scrooge this year! I decorated my mantle, set up my nativity set, and hung wreaths and Christmas flag outside, yesterday. I hated taking down my autumn decorations. My bradford pear tree still has all its leaves. It does not even feel possible that tomorrow will be the last day of November. I am not ready to let go of fall. Fall is my absolute favorite time of year!!!! I let it go kicking and screaming!!!! I don't know if it is because it means the hectic holidays are upon us and all the stress that goes with them or the fact that another year has zoomed by. I always heard that the older you get, the faster the years pass by. If that is the case, I must be in my 80's. This year has brought so many milestones. A teaching gig in March at a Fiber Retreat in Missouri, my last year of homeschooling, a family trip to the Rio Grande valley for bird watching, our son's first semester of college, my Love and I celebrating 25 years of marriage, getting to do a lace tutorial for my publishers, finishing my "Teach a Group of Kids to Crochet" book, and more or less, adjusting to retiring as a school teacher for our son. That is just a few of the milestones of this year. It just seemed to fly by. I feel like I need to stop and catch my breath! But God has been so good to me this year. I am so blessed to have Love and our son.
We plan on setting up the Christmas tree tonight. Maybe I will drag out my favorite Christmas music, light a cinnamon candle, and sit down and knit myself into a more festive attitude.

No comments: