Monday, February 4, 2008

Busy, productive weekend...

I had a busy, productive weekend. The weather cooperated and we got to go to the Spin-In at the Ozark Folk Center in Mountain View, AR. The ladies at this guild are just the most amazing women. They enjoy all the crafts with such enthusiasm and I always come away with so many helpful hints and ideas. We bring out the best in each other. I, especially, adore Martha and Glenda. They are two that I love sitting and spinning with.


I finished almost 2 bobbins of spinning. I hope to get to ply these sometime this week.
I, also, started another lace Table Runner. I ran out of yarn on the one that I was working on and have not had the opportunity to go get another skein, so I had nothing brainless to knit on the winding roads. Upon digging in my "Loom Room", I came across enough of a tan cotton yarn to start another one. As you can tell by the picture, I am almost finished with it. I started it Friday night and will probably finish it in a couple of days. This is one of the designs that will be in my knitting lace tutorial that will be coming out in June. It is a sampler and quite enjoyable to make. It changes lace pattern stitches often enough to keep it from being boring and it is a rather quick, elegant knitting project. It makes a great wedding gift.


I have been waiting for a certain sewing machine to go on sale at Sears. It is still not at the price that I would like. But I have done all my homework and know that this is the one that I am going to buy. I have been saving for about 6 months and have enough to buy it, but I still can't bring myself to spend the money on it. I am what my husband calls "a patient tightwad". I like that! It made me laugh. It is so true of me. You could say that I am a commissioned salesman's worst nightmare. I keep telling myself that maybe it will go down lower in price. It is not like I have time to play with a new sewing machine right now, so I may wait and wait and wait. After all, I am a "patient tightwad". Yes, I like that!

No comments: