Monday, March 31, 2008

100 th post

100 Things you may or may not know about me

1. I am one of 5 children in my family.
2. I am #2 in birth order (a middle girl).
3. I play the guitar.
4. I loved to deer hunt (still would love to).
5. I once wrote lots of songs and poetry.
6. My favorite flower is the carnation.
7. I hate it when things are NOT symmetrical.
8. I love to cook.
9. I hate to drive.
10. My family used to sing together in church.
11. I am NOT a morning person.
12. I am frugal, cheap, and a tightwad.
13. Fall is my favorite season, with Spring being a close second.
14. We used to have a VW Bug (family of 7).
15. I am deaf in my right ear.
16. I never got a spanking in school (at home it was a different story).
17. I love a clean house.
18. I love planting flowers, herbs and vegetables.
19. I have butchered a deer and haven’t been able to eat deer meat since.
20. I love chocolate.
21. I am a yarn-a-holic.
22. I love for things to be organized.
23. I am one of the most unorganized people.
24. My favorite seafoods are shrimp and crab legs.
25. I love real butter and hate margarine.
26. I love giving gifts of handmade things and getting handmade gifts.
27. We do not have cable or dish TV.
28. I adore my coffee in the morning.
29. When it is cold, I sometimes make a 2nd pot of coffee (decaf).
30. When I am designing a book, I may go thru 3 pots of coffee.
31. I love the ocean and walking on the beach with Michael.
32. I love to watch birds.
33. My favorite family of birds is the woodpecker family.
34. My favorite gifts are my 12 string Yamaha guitar, my 25 year anniversary ring, and Ben (not necessarily in that order).
35. Michael and I were engaged for 6 years.
36. I have 2 spinning wheels and 4 weaving looms.
37. My favorite restaurants are Outback Steakhouse and Carino’s.
38. I wanted to be a math teacher or fashion designer when I grew up.
39. I was able to kind of do both with home schooling and designing.
40. I love fresh baked bread with real butter.
41. I think my Michael is the perfect mate for me (thank you, God).
42. I really enjoy the young man that our son has become (thank you, God).
43. I enjoy quilting.
44. My brain is more like a colander than a sponge.
45. I love making things for babies and little girls.
46. I am a sentimental jerk (I still have all the cards that Michael has ever given to me).
47. My favorite dessert is fresh apple cake.
48. I LOVE the sound of a baby laughing.
49. Shades of autumn are my favorite colors.
50. I live in the city, but would rather live in the country.
51. In my “Loom Room”, I have dog hair, llama, alpaca, and wool waiting to be spun into yarn.
52. I love working in the yard with Ben.
53. I once wove a shawl for a lady out of her dog’s hair that I spun.
54. I am miserable when I am on a trip without Michael.
55. I love clean notebook paper.
56. I love watching documentaries on PBS.
57. I love mystery stories.
58. I am addicted to “Summer Wine” on PBS.
59. If I lived in the country, I would have 3 dogs and name them – Cleggy, Compo, and Truly.
60. I love to watch “This Old House” on PBS.
61. I am a VERY curious person.
62. I have broken both of my little toes several times.
63. I have over 150 Snoopy, Woodstock or Peanuts Christmas ornaments.
64. I love hearing elderly folks tell about their lives.
65. I find people fascinating.
66. Growing up, my family was poorer than dirt poor.
67. I love road travel by car, more time to knit, of course.
68. My favorite fiction writer is Jan Karon (The Mitford Series).
69. One of my favorite books is The Hiding Place, by Corrie Ten Boom.
70. Another favorite book is The Hobbit.
71. I love gifts that keep giving, like plants and trees.
72. My family eats dinner together every night.
73. We were married 6 years before we decided to have a baby.
74. We own land in Kentucky.
75. I love to go camping and hiking.
76. I cook approximately 13-17 meals every week.
77. I could live without meat, but never without veggies.
78. I love turnip greens.
79. I have microwave popcorn every night.
80. My favorite salad is “the wedge salad” at Carino’s.
81. I had my tonsils and adenoids out when I was 4.
82. I learned to sew, knit and crochet when I was in the 3rd grade.
83. I hate to shop, except for yarn!
84. I wear clothes that are out of fashion, because I like them.
85. I have over 15 handmade shawls and 4 in progress.
86. I have a hard time not buying a cardigan that has leaves on it.
87. I am very opinionated and have a hard time keeping my mouth shut.
88. My biggest personality flaw is my mouth.
89. My biggest beauty flaw is my posture.
90. I hate to exercise.
91. I think that my husband is super smart and talented.
92. I am not a very positive person and struggle with a gloomy disposition.
93. I love the smell of fresh paint.
94. I love doing (helping with) home repairs (sorry Love).
95. I am horrible about fearing God’s plan for my life.
96. I am thankful that God has a plan for my life.
97. I am thankful that God loves me.
98. I am thankful that, in spite of my childhood, God made His love known to me at an early age.
99. Sometimes I feel so blessed by God that I am overwhelmed.
100. My faith in God is the most important thing in my life.

6 comments:

Gina said...

A great read, Kay. I would've never guessed this about you...tee-hee..."I am a yarn-a-holic." Gee, ya think?!

Autumn said...

This was so fun to read, Kay! A lot of fun facts I didn't know about you...what a fascinating, unique woman you are!

fleegle said...

Thanks for the info! Yarnaholic, hm. I wouldn't have known that.

Kathie said...

There are things there I didn't know!!! Thanks for posting it all :) love you, sis!!

Kay said...

OK, so I cheated on one. Everyone knows that I am a yarn-a-holic, but hey, I gave you 99 that you probably didn't know about. Give me a break, a knitting break that is!

Becky Arnold said...

This was great, Kay! I had to share some of them with Wade. I enjoyed reading this post a lot! Love ya! By the way, I was in a family of 7 and our family vehicle was a VW Bug, too!