Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I get by with a little help from my friends!

Don't you love friends who love fiber? The above picture is some yarn that my friend from Oregon sent me. Thanks Jackie! It is the softest merino yarn that I have ever felt. It is a heavy lace weight. Incredible yardage! 950 yards to 3 1/2 ounces. She bought it on Ebay through this seller.
Another friend gave me this yarn. Thanks Cindy! It is a variegated rayon boucle. I cannot wait to warp my loom with this stuff and weave a chenille shawl. A definite yuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmm!

This is some roving that the same friend gave me as a finder fee for a spinning wheel that was looking for a new home. It was hand painted by the person that has this shop on Etsy. I am a group spinner. I like to spin with a group. It is not something that I do when I am at home by myself. I like to sit, spin, and visit. Of course, that is probably why I am not a good spinner. I do not pay close enough attention to my twist and when I am ready to ply my yarn, I discover all these little cork screws of over spinning. I tend to think I am getting better at it, until I ply! Face it, I just enjoy fellowship with other fiber friends. That is not such a bad thing!

1 comment:

Rob Bailey said...

my baby brother just opened an art gallery. if you ever are interested in doing a show for your creations, let me know.