Friday, June 4, 2010

Weight gain, ugh!

These times come every once in a while with a diet, I gained weight this week. Just .2 lbs, but a weight gain nonetheless. I am not horribly bummed, but disappointed. It is after all in the wrong direction. I will just keep plugging away.
Last time that I joined Weight Watchers, it took me 4 months to lose 25 lbs. I am still on target. I don't know if I will make my goal to have it off by my 50th b-day, but that will remain my goal. Goals keep you on track.
I have been working on some new designs and remakes of recent designs, so here are photos!
This is the back of my Autumn version of Leaves A'blazin.
Here is the front. I love this colorway. It is called Foliage in Knit Picks Stroll Tonal line of fingerweight yarn.
I hand painted this yarn. I wanted a real dark chocolate brown to highlight these yummy pale turquoise beads. This is my pattern called First Shawl. It is a great first lace, first bead project for knitters who want to branch out in their knitting.
This is a shawl called Brandywine. I love the geometric lines of this design. It was designed by Rosemary Hill. I used a bamboo dk weight yarn that had a slow variegating effect. It lusciously soft!
This is a cotton shrug that I just finished knitting and writing. It is called Cindy Lou. I named it for my friend Cindy. She gave me this cute little cotton shrug that I love wearing. The only problem is that it has 3/4 sleeves and is a little warm to wear right now, so I designed one to take its place. After I made this one, I had to rewrite it to use a dk weight cotton to give it more of a thinner cotton feel. I am going to remake it smaller, more fitted and use some Elsbeth Lavold Silky Wool. It is a wool/silk blend, but feel just like a linen/cotton/silk blend of yarn.
This is my remake of Leaf Me Alone, I'm Knitting. I wanted to do it in a tighter gauge. I really love this Adobo color. It is really a perfect color!

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

If knitting tons could help lose weight, you should have lost several pounds! This FO parade is lovely-I adore several patterns especially the Leaf me Alone cardi!!! (My name is Cindy Lou-loved to see a namesake pattern!)

Becky Arnold said...

You go, girl! I have joined WW, too, and it is going well. Trying to finish this time and stay the course. I have lost 9 pounds total (4 before WW, 5 after). I just love the burnt orange colors you use in the knitting! They are beautiful!