Thursday, August 25, 2011

It was that time of year again.

Kentucky time of year, again......
I have just now gotten the time to post about our time in KY. Remember? We go there every year for the Meadors family reunion?
We left town on Thurs the 11th. The next day found us in Bowling Green, KY. Michael and Ben dropped me off at Crafty Hands yarn store and they went to the Corvette Museum. I enjoyed shopping for yarn and knitting with a group of local knitters. I bought a lovely ball of Jawoll Magic by Lang Yarns. It is lovely shades of greys. So much possibility in a little ball of luscious sock yarn!

When the boys picked me up, we headed to Berea, KY. Lovely crafty town is Berea. I love how artistic it is.
Berea is the home of one of my favorite jewelry makers, Gastineau Studio. Lovely hand made pewter jewelry. I try to add a piece every year that I am there.
Here is a pic of the store that I love to visit in Berea. It is called Log House Craft Gallery. It is more of a place to purchase handmade items from local artists, but they do have a yarn section upstairs.
Then we drove into Williamsburg, KY. They finally have a Hampton Inn!!!!!
We had a lovely time visiting with our relative. Cousin Phylis now has a place there and we all congregated there. It was a lot of fun watching her grands with their pets.
Horses
Baby chicks
Puppies
We left Williamsburg on Monday morning. Stopped in Knoxville for lunch at Pizza Palace. Great old school spaghetti! You got to try it, if you ever go to Knoxville.

 Then we headed to Gatlinburg for a night.
Our first stop on the way to Gatlinburg, was a knife shop that Ben discovered last year.
Here is a pic of it, at his request. He just thinks it is beautiful.
The Hampton room at Gatlinburg had a balcony at the back of our room. I sat out there and did my quiet time, drunk my coffee and emailed my fiber peeps.


I visited one of my favorite yarn store, Smoky Mountain Spinnery.
Bought a skein of a new yarn by Kollage, called Riveting. It is supposedly a sport weight yarn, but it really is a very thin sport weight, in my opinion. It is really a lovely yarn, though.
You must visit this yarn store, if you are ever in Gatlinburg.
On our way out of Gatlinburg the next day, we stopped by the  Donut Friar . I had the most delightfully fluffy, airy, yummy, bavarian cream filled donut, EVER. I am drooling just thinking about it. It was so light and airy, drool, drool, drool..........
Our next stop was the outlet malls at Sevierville, TN. We shopped till we dropped. The boys found me a birthday present. They had tried to find one on my birthday, but could not find this color.
I had been using Michael's mom's Kitchen Aide mixer. It was falling apart and smelling hot every time that I used it. Ben and I came home and put it to good use.
We headed to Nashville for our last night. Passing through Crossville, TN, we stopped at another new, for me, yarn store. Lovely yarn store, great customer service (trust me, that is sometimes rare). It is called the Yarn Patch. I was at the counter showing off what I was working on and the trouble that I was having with it and two ladies from LA, were buying a book. Not just any book, but one of my books. It was so funny. I introduced myself and they ask me to autograph their book for them.
This will definitely be a must-stop destination for me every year.
We got up the next morning and ate breakfast at our favorite Nashville restaurant, Athens Family Restaurant. They made the greatest breakfast!!!!  Mine
Mike's

Ben's


Well, that was where I was, what I was doing and what I was eating.


1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

Nice to see what you are up to! Looks like life is good-the trip sounds ideal!