Monday, December 17, 2018

My Spiced Plum jam

I love making edible Christmas gifts. I made this last year and it was a big hit. It is so easy that, of course, I would make it again this year. I am going to share the recipe with you. I hope you have a Costco close by. We have to go all the way to Memphis to shop at one! Ain't that a shame?
I pick up a bag of these plums from Costco. The rest, you will probably have on hand.


  These are the ingredients.


   3 1/2 lbs of Dried plums, chopped into medium pieces
   (I use a cutting board and cut each plum into 4-6 pieces)
3 cups of granulated pure cane sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon juice
1 TBS ground cinnamon (get the good kind)
3/4 tsp nutmeg
 6 cups of water (may need to add a cup more)

Put it all in a big pot.   |
On medium heat, stir it until it comes to a boil


Let it simmer, stirring often, for about 30 minutes.


I take my immersion blender and pulverize it to remove any chunks of plums.Plum gravy!


I simmer another 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
   Add more water, if needed. You don't want it too thick.
    You want it the consistency of apple butter.


                       Put it in sterilized half pint jars and do a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
      This makes about 14 half pints.
      Enjoy, make enough to spread the love around!
                         







No comments: