Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Shrug finished!

I seem to be on a roll with my knitting. Maybe it is because I am writing down my progress on this blog. I finished my shrug yesterday and blocked one of my Baruffa shawls. I will try to get a picture of them both up real soon. The shrug is laying on the blocking board. I will probably take it with me for my "local yarn store" day. The Baruffa shawl is hhhhhheavenly. Even through I used 2 strands held together, it is so light and webby (probably not a word, but a good describer). I wish that it was not a blue red in color. My husband helped me pick out the color. He said the color would pop in photography. He is right, but it is a color that I can not wear. It clashes with my skin tone and hair color. I have to admit that it was a fun color to work with and if you are a lover of cobweb or lace weight yarn, you have to try this Baruffa yarn. It is so soft and a dream to work with. It comes in amazing colors and even more amazing yardage. Even working with it doubled it is a great price. This yarn will not disappoint you.
I have a trip planned for the later part of this week and, as usual, I am struggling with what to take to knit on. I have begun a pair of socks for a friend with small feet (thankfully). I am almost at the heel on the first one, so I will need more than that to take with me. I will, of course, take my Pi shawl. It is no brainer knitting, which is nice sometimes and I only have 46 rows to go before the edging. I had planned on taking the shrug, but that is done. I may take my alpaca entrelac and work on it. I have 75% of it done. I hope I remember how to do it. It has been a long time since I picked it up. It is a beautiful and luxurious yarn, but I cannot wear the color, so I have not been excited about finishing it. Happy knitting! Psalms 139:13-14

1 comment:

fleegle said...

I await the pictures, but in the meantime, I can admire your lovely leaf lace shawl one more time!