Monday, November 19, 2007

Painting is done!

We had plans this weekend to go the Christmas Festival at Silver Dollar City in Branson, but the son had a programing job that would take all day Sat. We decided to take this opportunity to paint the freshly stripped walls in the living room and dining room. It had to be done before the middle of December for our Christmas Open House, so getting it done was a blessing. I helped a little, but my workhorse of a husband (Love) did the bulk. I was the gopher. I handed tools, cleaned up drops of paint, moved clutter (aka, piles of yarn in baskets, spinning wheels, more baskets of knitting tools, more piles of yarn), refilled the paint tray, and did a little painting. Thanks, Love!
Well, my Knit Picks Harmony needle set has not come in yet. I am glad that it did not. It has given me time to rethink what I want to knit with the Lacey Lamb. I still plan on knitting a square shawl, but I wanted to do something a little more intricate looking. So, in between my gopher job Sat, I looked at lace pattern stitches, dragged out the graph paper, and rethought the whole shawl process. I even had time to rework it to the point of readiness for my new needle set. I plan on doing 4 different pattern stitches to make a sampler shawl. I will chart it and put it on this blog for anyone to knit with me. I will warn you now, that it will not be overly intricate. I always like to have a knit row in between each pattern row. It gives my brain time to relax before tackling another pattern row. When a lace shawl is blocked, any lace pattern looks exquisite and way more complicated than it is. Anyway, how can anything made in Lacey Lamb look otherwise?
I do want to share a recipe with you. This is sooooooooooo good! It is a pumpkin bread with Craisins with orange flavor. I made it with Splenda but you can use sugar instead. Enjoy the taste of Fall.

PUMPKIN CRANBERRY BREAD

2 cups of all purpose flour
2 tsp of ground cinnamon
½ tsp of ground nutmeg
½ tsp ground allspice
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 eggs
¾ cup of sugar*
1 cup of granulated splenda*
1-15 oz can of pumpkin
½ cup of natural unsweetened applesauce*
1 cup of dried cranberries with orange flavor

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

* If you do not want to make it low calorie, you can use 2 cups of sugar and leave out the Splenda. A ½ cup of Oil may be used in place of the applesauce.

In a large bowl mix all ingredients except flour; mixing well after each addition. Slowly add flour; ½ cup at a time. Pour into greased and floured bread pans. This recipe makes 2 regular size loaves or 4 mini loaves. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Cool completely and wrap in foil. Keep in fridge. These are better cold. Weight Watcher Points? 36 points for the whole batch.

No comments: