Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Yarn stash expanded

A friend came by to take me with her to our local yarn store. I wanted to look on the clearance racks to see about more yarn for the fingerless gloves that are so easy. The 4 balls of variegated yarn in the front are Mikado Ribbon by Crystal Palace Yarns. They are extremely soft cotton ribbon yarn. The colors are yummy and will look great as gloves. These were $2.50 a skein, not bad for a set of gloves. I will use them in my weaving, if the gloves don't work. The Berroco Denim Silk was a good buy at a $1.00 a skein. It will look good as a scarf with beads or as an accent yarn in my weaving.
I wanted to bring a pattern to your attention. It is the cutest thing. It is called Red Rock Bag. I can see this made in a cotton yarn of pastels for my girls (Sarah and Emily). I could even put a little Easter egg button on the closure and fill it with small writing and coloring goodies for church. It takes less than 100 yards, do I hear stash buster! I can even see it made larger for an adult, my bags need to be big enough to hold a "Buick".

1 comment:

fleegle said...

$1 a skein for silk! Incredible!

No pressure here--our brains are too childish to feel any pressure :)