Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My garden


This is a picture of my garden. Most of things here were planted by my son. He and I love to play in the dirt. I look out at this from my office windows. I love it. For Mother's Day, my husband and son are going to make me some more raised beds. I love plants. I love fresh herbs and veggies. Nothing tastes better than home grown.
Well, I finished my bulky Lopi cardigan last Saturday. I have a few seams to sew and yarn ends to weave in. I won't be wearing it anytime soon. It is very thick. I wish I could get a good picture of it, but the brown doesn't allow the cabled yoke to show. I mailed off my Trenna contest shawl today. I'm up to Row 36 on my Arabian Nights shawl and I started designing a cardigan in Elsbeth Lavolds Silky Wool. I have to get some instructions on paper, since I plan on taking this along as my "vacation knitting". Oh and I started another shawl! Yes, another shawl! This one is a creamy white cotton sport weight yarn for summer wear. I needed to try out a design idea and I had some cotton yarn that was perfect for summer wear. Other than that, I have been laying around on my fat backside and eating bon-bons! Just kidding!

No comments: