Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Trip knitting and pictures

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to go see my Mom. Michael dropped me off at the mall in Jonesboro to meet her there. We spent the day shopping and visiting. Visiting always means knitting for me.
Here are a few photos of some designs in my new book, "I Can't Believe I'm Lace Knitting ".


These 2 are of the Square Shawl in the book. The blue one is made in Bernat Cool Crochet.
The red one is made in Baruffa Cashwool (2 strands held together).
This is the Christening Shawl/Blanket in the book. It is made with Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, lovely yarn.

This is the Diamond Table Topper/Shawl. It is made in size 10 bedspread weight cotton. I, also, made it in Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud.
This is lovely flower I photographed in Texas on our vacation to the Rio Grande Valley. It was just pretty and I wanted to see how the macro function on my son's camera worked. This was a white ibis at one of the nature centers. You can tell that I was intruding on his privacy.
This a sneak peek at my triangular version of Autumn's Glory. It is made in Malabrigo lace weight. I hand painted the yarn. This yarn is extremely spongy. It was very hard to get used to after knitting with my Margo Jones Trenna. I'm not a fan of spongy, but I have to admit that this yarn blocks like a dream and is ultra soft to wear. I still have not blocked the Margo Jones. I still have yarn ends to weave in and this has been a hectic week.
Knitting progress--I ran out of yarn on the Jojoland rectangular shawl. I am waiting for more to finish it. I have about 20" to go, hope to finish it by the end of next week. Yesterday, I worked on my Twisted Yoke Cardigan in the Tatamy Tweed Worsted. I have about 5" to go on the body, then the sleeves have to be worked down and I will be finished with that cardigan. I look forward to wearing it this fall. I am now working on my latest design, Arkansas Diamonds. I did my swatch last night. I am making it in White Jaggerspun Zephyr. This is the first time for me to use this yarn. I am using size 8 irridescent crystal beads on this one. I want to finish it before the end of August. I have ordered my yarn and beads for Ozark Autumn. Some Arkansas fellow knitters are wanting to do a Ozark Autumn KAL at the beginning of Sept. I do have to make me one!

No comments: