Thursday, September 18, 2008

RIP, RIP, RIP....

90 % Of designing is ripping. You can do all the graph paper drawing that you want, but it may not work out in yarn. All that to say, I have not made much progress on my Lavender Fields Shawl. I am so enjoying the interplay of colors, though, and I dearly love this Knitpicks Gloss Finger weight yarn! I will be back again and again for more of it. It is 70% merino wool and 30% silk. You can see a slight sheen on the yarn and it is unbelievably soft. It will be a yarn that I add to my favorite finger weight yarns to use. Here is a photo of the edging--

Here is a photo of my silk yarn that my sister got me in China. It is not exactly what I would call yarn, but it is definitely silk. I did find an end, but it does not unwind like a regular hank of yarn. This will be a major winding job for later.
Knitting progress--I have worked on my Twisted Yoke Cardigan this week. Still have a few inches on the body to do and then I will work on the sleeves. I have ripped this thing too many times to think about. Designing is all about the ripping. I am halfway finished with a shawl that I am designing for a lace knitting class that I am teaching in October.
Traveling Shawl progress--It is now in Georgia! 2 States down, 48 to go! Check out our blog here.

3 comments:

fleegle said...

Yup. The shawl is in Georgia. Harry has been busy unraveling it for some mysterious purpose that he refuses to divulge...

Gina said...

That is so pretty!!!! And oh. my goodness on the silk! That looks like quite a job of winding...eek!!!

SSK* said...

I am joining you in the rippers club. :(

I just frogged about 8" of lace. grrrrr