Friday, October 31, 2008

I AM SO WARPED.....

....and ready to weave! I have been warped or warping all week. Now, I have 2 looms ready to weave on. The one at the top has 9 yards of cotton warp ready to demonstrate weaving at our Reformation Celebration tonight. I know the colors are NOT what most would consider Puritan colors, but I do know they were known for using what they had and when I warped this loom, I used every thing I had that was usable. The loom below is some lovely rayon boucle that I have not tied onto the front beam, yet. I will finish that this weekend. My bff (bestfiberfriend) Cindy is coming over Monday for a lesson in weaving. She will take this loom out of my way for a while and weave her a chenille shawl on this warp. It is warped for 2 shawls. When she gets done, I will weave the last one in a brown for me.

I finshed ONE of my Michael's unfelted clogs. I put my felted one next to it. No, my sweetie does not have feet like Shaquille O'Neal, but I guarentee you that the Shaq could not fill his shoes! Now I have second clog symdrone, too.
Here is the last front on my Michael's cardigan vest. I am quite sick of this pattern. I still have to finish one for my father-in-law for Christmas, though. I kept getting off gauge and not realizing it until I had knit the WHOLE piece, so I have made 2 backs and 3 fronts. I had to go down to a size 7 needle to get 4.5 sts to the inch. If I get anymore relaxed knitting, I will have buy smaller needles!Here are the culprits of my two cases of second sock symdrone!
Now for some fiber humor:
SABLE Crafter--Stash Acquistion Beyond Life Expectancy

To FROG--to rip back, after taking stitches off needles, the rip it, rip it, rip it.....sounds like a frog

FROG Pond--that place at the bottom of your closet that unloved projects reside with yarn waiting to be liberrated when you are emotionally ready to FROG it

WIP--Work In Progress, usually a project that has to be TIMED OUT for misbehaving

UFO--Unfinished object

FO--Finished object

SSS--Second Sock Syndrome

WabiSabi--The beauty of things imperfect, incomplete

Wool--a gateway drug. Leads to other addictions like alpaca.

Knitting progress--see above.
Traveling Shawl progress--It has been handed off to our RI person and should soon be on its way to NH! 10 States down, 40 to go! Check out our blog here.

1 comment:

Lost City Denise said...

WabiSabi - that's a new one for me!