Thursday, October 16, 2008

Weaving

Today, I am weaving. I have had this loom warped for FOREVER! I need the loom for a demonstration at our church. We are having a Reformation Celebration and Kerry has asked me to bring a loom and my wheel. I have it warped with a chenille shawl. I don't think that is the kind of things that the puritans were weaving. It gives me a good excuse to get that shawl done.
I always warp my loom with 2 shawls/items at a time. The less warping the better. Warping a loom is the most horrible part of weaving. I love to weave, but I tolerate warping so that I can weave. I am going to rewarp it with some cotton for dishtowels. I have some nice serviceable cotton. I will let the kids weave a row or two, if they want. I will use some of those for my Christmas gift stash.
Knitting progress--A finished a Crazy Scarf for a friends B-day present, finish one of a pair of socks for me, almost finished with the scarf for my publishers, did a few rows on my Ozark Autumn, a few rows on my Lavender Fields Shawl, and worked on the back of a Cardigan Vest for my Michael.
Traveling Shawl progress--It has left New Jersey and is on its way to our CT person! 8 States down, 42 to go! Check out our blog here.

No comments: