Monday, December 8, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

I have been the worst blogger for about a month now, but I have just been so busy getting ready for the holidays.
Today, I started with a list, a long list. I did not get all the things on my list done, but I will just start over tomorrow with the ones that I did not get to.
I did manage to block 2 of my 3 Sampler Table Runners that I had made at the first of the year for my Christmas gift stash. Here are photos of my two blocking and the one featured in my book, "I Can't Believe I'm Lace Knitting".

Last week, I posted a couple of free patterns on Ravelry. This is my Quick Ribbed Ascot.
Here is my Mock Ribbed Ascot. These are quick, easy and sure to be a hit for your last minute holiday knitting.
Remember my lovely Knitpicks Gloss lace weight yarn, in the color Raisin, that my Lavender buddy, Denise, sent me? Well, I finally made it to the bead store. They were having a 50% off holiday sale and I kind of went bead crazy. I have been playing around with the idea of doing a bead book and thought that I would go ahead and stock up for that. There is nothing like having a basket of beads to inspire you to design.
Knitting progress: I am still working on my Socks that Rock yarn. I have the bind off row to do on the first one and will start the next one this week. I have both of my Traveling Shawls ready for photography. The one in my favorite yarn, Jojoland Melody is so lovely. I hope to get some good picts this week to show you. The colors just take your breath away and it blocked like a dream! I have made several of the Ascots for gifts.
Traveling Shawl progress--We finally got out of Maine. It arrived in VT today. 14 States down, 36 to go! Check out our blog here.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Now that's some beads!!!! Wow!!! Have fun being inspired.