Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hand painting silk

Monday night, Cindy and I, got together for some silk painting. This was my first scarf, not so great!
This was my second attempt. I was pleased.
It just kept getting better.
We are going to place another order and try some more.
Here is what I have been working on. It is a cardigan with a leaf theme. Anyone surprised? I am enjoying making this. It has been trouble from the very start. I just kept running into problems, math problems, brain problems......I have ripped the equivalent of another whole sweater, but I have persevered. I love the design and the way I see it in my knitting-mind's-eye. I hope I am not disappointed. This is the edge of the sleeve. It will have the same lacy leaf motif on the yoke.

My Thankfuls--My Michael, Ben, my bible study group, Julie for her great teaching job, Kathie (my spiritual sister), my country, God's word.

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

I love the progresssion on the scarves! The leaf looks perfect for a sleeve-nice to work the bugs out of something when it is in your mind.

Becky Arnold said...

These are beautiful, Kay! Absolutely beautiful! Is there anything you can't do?! Thanks again for the dvd last weekend. It was great! I think Tom and Nancy were pleased.