New's Day found me knitting on a Textured Circle Shrug that had a bizillion rounds of K1, P1 ribbing and then a million of seed st. I knew that if I started a new project, it would be one of those projects that languished for a long time. I hate ribbing and 8 inches of it was 7 inches too many for me.
Last year, I was finishing up the last few rows of Edging on my In the Pink. Jojoland Melody yarn makes every knitting project an adventure.
I was a good girl and didn't start anything new. I kept plugging away at the ribbing, one round at a time and finished it the next day. That gave me time to think about what I wanted to knit next and contemplate all the WIP's (works in progress) that I had on needles. I decided that it would be a good thing to finish some of these, preferably 10 of these. I truly thought that I had that many on needles or in need of buttons, having to be sewn up, yarn ends woven in. My problem is that I have several that will take me a few weeks to finish. I have nothing that is portable right now. That does not set well when you have dr appts. Knitting keeps me from getting impatient when the dr is running an hour late. When I have my knitting, I am a happy camper. I am just knitting and could care less that my appt time has passed.
So far, I have finished several projects.
1. Textured Circle Shrug, it is ugly on and I am truly disappointed in how it looks, but it is finished. It makes my middle look thick, yes, my middle has gotten thick, but it does not have to tell the world that my middle is thick! Rude Shrug! I will punish it by throwing it in the corner until my middle is less thick!
2 and 3. Bamboo socks, thankfully, I can count this as two completions, since both of them were partially done. Gaudy, aren't they. A good burst of warm color in the color winter!
4. Repair on my Adult Surprise Jacket. I had a small area that needed to have a garter ridge duplicated on it. Every time I wore it, it bothered me. I found myself holding my hand over it to hide it from anyone admiring my jacket.I am currently working on finishing two shawls, a more narrow version of my Notes of Lyra (56 mores rows to go) and the edging on a smaller version of my
Love Affair in Lace. I have a booboo in a handwoven shawl to repair, a baby hat to finish embellishing with ribbons, a couple of pairs of baby booties to finish, a band to rework on a cardigan, a pair of pants to replace a zipper in, a baby cardigan that needs ribbon and a button, clean up the instructions for the two shawls above, finish writing the instructions for my Kid's Mitered Magic Cardigan.
When I finish 10 of these, I will get to play with this! It is my new Handmaiden Sea Silk. I already have the pattern charted out for it. I have to decide if I want to use beads or not. It's colorway is called Mahogany. It is not as vivid of a color variation as I expected, but it will be perfect for the design that I have for it.