Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Fabulous 50's, here I come!

The Party!

Yes, I gained a pound this week and a year. I have officially hit the big 50.
Above are pics of my party that my Michael and my ladies in our small group gave me. It was a very elegant party. Thank you Dianne, Nancy B and Margie. You gals really know how to do a beautiful party. Thank you Kathie for the fantastic shrimp. I made a pig of myself with that. You know how I adore shrimp.
My friend Cindy was my decoy for the day. She took me to the yarn store as a distraction. She blamed me for spending almost 75.00 on yarn she did not need. Girl, you know you wanted that yarn!
But today my Michael surprised me by coming by to get me for lunch in this! You got to love such a great man! It is ours for the day. I hope it does not rain!One of my sweet Ravelry friends, Vicki, in WA sent me this lovely hank of yarn yumminess for my b-day. I have already ordered the beads and plan on taking it with me to knit on vacation.
It is destined to be a Twilight Sonota.
My bff Cindy got me this for my b-day. It is the colorway called Julia Childs. It is a lovely blend of Kay colors. I already have the design for it in my head. I will call it my Seasons of Life Shawl. Yes, it will have leaves.
Knitting Progress: I finished my Twilight Sonota in the Knit Picks Gloss sock weight yarn. It has gray crystal seed beads throughout the shawl

This is Amy's Leaf Yoke Cardi/Vest.
This morning I finished my 70th project for the year and my 25th Shawl for the year, appropriate on my 50th b-day.

3 comments:

Mary in AR said...

What wonderful celebrations you've had! Happy, Happy Birthday!
Mary H

Becky Arnold said...

Kay, you just amaze me! And Happy Birthday!

Delighted Hands said...

What a great start to a fantastic decade! God will amaze you with what it will hold...