Monday, November 12, 2012

Arkansas and Autumn

Autumn, my favorite season..........I love colors of autumn. I was worried that we would not have good color this year. It was bone dry in the summer and we lost so many trees in our area or so it seemed. When we were in Seattle, it rained here all week. I think that rain saved our colors for the fall. The colors are different this year, a muted deepness of gold tinges every tree. I am loving it. 

A lovely ginkgo tree
Such a lovely, unique leaf shape
Lakewood lake, just a short walk from my house
Lovely, lovely, lovely
I find such beauty in a leaf color in autumn. It turns my heart to my Creator. I want to break forth in songs of  praise for this lovely season all the colors and shapes of leaves. 

Leaf soup, in the lake, is even lovely.
The geese greeting us
Such beauty that our heavenly Father has given to us.
Celebrating Veterans Day on Sunday. Placing roses on the grave of Mike's dad and mom. Knowing that freedom is never free.
Thank you, Lord, for our country and the soldiers who have fought and still fighting. 

I have been spending more time in the Psalms last week and this week. I will leave you with one that I have been meditating on.
Psalms 91:1-2 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Ahhh, a walk like that would put me in the right frame of mind. Very timely post and pictures. Thank you.

Becky Arnold said...

I'm so pleasantly surprised by the color here this year, too. So pleasantly surprised! Love the colors. Our God is a beautiful Artist.