Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Praying, Trusting and Rejoicing in the Lord

Today is different from yesterday in only one way. Today, I am doing the same thing I was doing yesterday, just not the voting.
PRAYING
I have to admit that my heart is still heavy. But today, I am still praying -- still praying for my country, still praying for my country's path, still praying for the future of my country and choosing to pray for our President. God's word commands me to pray for my leaders. It does not say...."if you voted for them, if you agree with them". I am praying for the perfect, sovereign will of God for my country and its leaders.

TRUSTING
My hope was not contingent upon who won the election. My hope is not on the government of my country. My hope is in the Lord (see Ps 146:5, Ps 71:5-8)! I know who is in control. I am choosing to fix the eyes of my heart on God and God's word.

REJOICING IN THE LORD
I am spending this day, too, focusing on the goodness of our God, His loving kindness, His mercy, His faithfulness.
And I am resting and rejoicing in His sovereign will for the outcome of yesterday.

This is for a bunch of my friends, you know who you are and I am there with you.

Whatever you need to do, ever how many times you need to * go back to your prayer closet, dig into God's word, to get your mind and heart focused on responding to this election to a watching world, DO IT; repeat from * as many times as needed!

We say that we know that God is in control, but we need to be acting like it to a watching world. I am not saying that this is easy........you have no idea how many times I am having to repeat the above.
When we are tempted to despair, gripe, complain and grouse, we need to repeat the above! We need to pray, not just until we are over this, but we need and need always to pray for our country, it leaders, our heart attitude, our words, our response.
Understand that we are representing our Father, the goodness of our Father, His loving kindness, His mercy, His faithfulness. We are representing our Father (doesn't that make your heart bow in repentance to Him?)
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things (Philippians 4:8).
Today, I am rejoicing in the Lord!

2 comments:

Auntea said...

What a wonderful way to put it, doing the same thing as yesterday, just not the voting. Possibly I am praying even more knowing how badly this nation really needs it. Our hope is always in the Lord.

Delighted Hands said...

Thanks for the encouragement to focus on the Lord.......we all need this reminder.