Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Praying , Voting, Trusting and Rejoicing in the Lord today

PRAYING
I have to admit that my heart has been so heavy for a while, so heavy, that I cannot articulate how I feel. But today, I am praying -- praying for my country, praying for my country's path, praying for the future of my country.
I am borrowing some quote from friends here.

VOTING
"As I prepare to vote in this upcoming election, I will vote for the most pro-life candidate, because God hates the shedding of innocent blood (Prov.6:16-17). I will vote for the most pro-Israel candidate, because God blesses those who bless Israel & curses those who don't (Gen.12:3). I will vote for the most pro-debt reduction candidate, because the borrower is servant

 to the lender (Prov.22:7). I will vote for the most pro-work candidate because God says if a man will not work, let him not eat (2Thess.3:10). I will vote for the most pro-marriage candidate because God is for marriage as defined in Genesis 2:24. I will vote for the candidate who most closely believes government's purpose is to reward the good & punish the evil (Romans 13). I will vote based as close as I can on God's Word (2Tim.3:16). Knowing that whoever gets elected, God is the one who puts all men in authority (Dan.2:21)." Thank you Holly and whoever you got it from.
My only loyalty is to Christ and His Gospel. Political parties do not have the Gospel at their core, attempt to use "God" for their own selfish purposes. I vote my conscience with Christian convictions, but am beholden to only Christ. Thank you Donna.
TRUSTING“The whole system of my politics is summed up in this one verse, ‘The Lord reigns! Let the nations tremble!" Psalm 99:1’” – John Newton
Thank you Howard and John Newton
REJOICING IN THE LORD
I am spending this day focusing on the goodness of our God, His loving kindness, His mercy, His faithfulness.
And I am resting and rejoicing in His sovereign will for the outcome of today. Thank you O God my Father.

No comments: