Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Bought yarn for Shrug!

Boy, is it hard to make up your mind on a yarn choice? I had to find a yarn that worked to a gauge of 23-26 sts = 4". That doesn't sound hard, but most sock yarns call for 28-32 sts =4", so those were automatically disqualified. Then I couldn't use sport weight, too big. All that really was available was baby yarns (pastels, yuck) or thick sock yarn. I really had my heart set on a bamboo blend yarn. I found one (Panda wool) in a variegated color, but it looked too springish and I really wanted this shrug to wear this winter with jeans. I ended up getting a thick sock yarn that was 100% wool in a self-patterning of great denim colors. It comes in 400 yard balls. I bought 3 to be on the safe side. I am hoping that it is not too busy. I would post a picture of it, but my son did not explain resizing our digital pictures in a language that I understand.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

The photos look great! I finished one project this weekend and it's a gift of three bib/burp cloth sets. Man, I knit a ton of them using the Mason-Dixon Knitting book. I almost finished off my scarf but decided I didn't like it so it'll have to sit until I figure out how to change it. My pile of knitting isn't getting much smaller. Congrats on your progress! Please figure out how to download the photo of your shrug yarn. I REALLY want to see it!