Wednesday, October 10, 2007

New books and shawl

These are my new books. They are all about the Austrian/Bavarian Traveling Stitch technique. They are written in German, but come with charts. I hope to get to play with this technique when I get back from my trip this weekend.

This is a blurry picture of the edging on my plain shawl. I will get a better picture after I block it.
Until then, I hope this will suffice.

This is a close-up shot of the warp in my chenille shawl. I wanted you to see all the lovely colors in the warp. I need to let everyone know what comes of all the shawls that I make. I have to admit, I have a large number that I keep. Where as a lot of women have a shoe fetish, I have a shawl/cardigan fetish. Shawls are a dressy alternative to cardigans. As I suffer from low blood pressure, my thermostat is always broken and I am always freezing. I grab a shawl or cardigan every time that I go out the door. Even when it is 100 degrees outside, I grab something to ward off the chill of air conditioning. I give shawls to friends at church, I sell shawls at various craft sales (100% of this money is donated to missionaries that I support or to needs that I can meet among my local church body), and sometimes I am approached for door prizes or auctions at charity events. I enjoy knitting, I enjoy yarn, I enjoy designing and I get to enjoy all these things and give to others. What better job can be had? To me knitting and giving is my way of hugging and loving those around me. This is a way that God has allow me to share the talent that He has given me. What more could a girl ask for?

2 comments:

fleegle said...

I had visions of a house surrounded by shawl-hoarding sheds! Glad you make good use of all your lovely creations. The warp colors are glorious, as are the colors in your blurry pix.

Jackie said...

You are a lovely woman, Kay ... so kind and generous.