Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Some pictures

This is my plain pi shawl being blocked.

This is a close-up of the edging.

This is my Alpaca Entrelac. I took this one indoors. It is closer in color to the next one that I took outdoors.

This my other Entrelac. The yarn that I am using is a slow variegating yarn that is similar to Noro. It is called JoJoland Dk weight yarn. I love the colors of the Noro yarn, but it is not soft at all. This yarn is a soft merino. I took the top picture outside and the next one indoors.

The alpaca is not my color; this one is. I am going to see if I can put a dye wash on a swatch of the alpaca to tone down the color a bit. It will probably go to another home anyway. I don't need 2 entrelacs and I love the colors in the JoJoland one.

2 comments:

Mary in AR said...

Hey Kay!
Just got caught up on your blog. Love the photos! You are so prolific and have so many great ideas. One day I'll show you a picture of my craft room and the yarn/fabric room (yes I have two rooms). Thanks for sharing your knitting life.
Mary

fleegle said...

Yowzer! Fabulous! I love the entrelacs! They looks soft and cuddly, even if the JoJo one is a bit scratchy.

The pi shawl. Um. It's really round, isn't it? Beautifully knitted, but it made me itch for a bow and arrow :) Sorry! Hit me!