Monday, November 26, 2007

Needles came in.......

My new Harmony needle set arrived Saturday. I transferred my square sampler shawl to my new set. The colors of the laminated birch are lovely. The points are perfect for lace knitting. The cords are smooth and do not twist and tangle like most circulars. The finish and joinings are smooth as silk. They have a different feel than my Denise Interchangeable set and will take some getting used to, but overall, I think I will not regret the purchase. Besides, can a knitter have too many needle sets? Along with that order came another hank of Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud Lace Weight in Peppermint Heather to finish my circular shawl for my publishers. It has been so long since I worked on it, that it will take me a while to get back into the groove of the pattern stitch. Thankfully, I only have about 12-15 rounds remaining. Great News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finished my alpaca entrelac shawl last night. I will get a picture of it after I block it. We did a road trip to a state park Friday and a road trip to see my Mom Saturday, so I took it both times. I just got in the entrelac knitting groove and finished it. This gets me down to my last shawl that I had in progress when I started this blog. If you remember, I think that I had about 10 or more shawls on needles in various stages of completion. I do not see finishing this last one before the year is out, but who knows. I still have a pot load of Christmas knitting/weaving to do. I am trying to make lots of lists to keep myself from freaking out. If I can mark off names and gifts, I can see progress and do not get so overwhelmed. I hope to finish another scarf on my loom and rewarp (this did not happen like I had hoped last week). Then I will set down with my list and see what to get done next.

2 comments:

fleegle said...

I love the way the Harmony needles feel--I just hate the way yarn looks like on them. Everything I have used so far clashes horribly with the green, purple, and yellow tips plus the magenta needles.

What publisher? Are you writing a book?

Becky Arnold said...

Hey Kay, do you think these needles would be something that Nancy would like?