Saturday, December 8, 2007

Ready for a party!


Here is a shot of my living room all decorated and waiting for guests.
I have worked all week for this night. I am probably less stressed than I have ever been right before our Christmas party. I actually have sat down this morning and worked on more fingerless gloves for gifts. I am making a pair for Brooke, my great niece, in pink Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino. It is so soft and a joy to knit with.
My menu for the party is as follows:
sugar cookies
oatmeal cookies
millionaire candy
almond roche candy
pumpkin bread
cranberry orange bread
summer sausage/cheese tray
shrimp tray
spinach dip tray
veggie tray
dried beef dip
hot cocoa
coffee
ginger ale
peach tea
hot tea
Now if I can just stay away from the cookies.
I hope to finish my Christmas knitting this next week. I have made great progress and am steadily marking off names as the gifts fly off my needles. Happy holidays!

No comments: