Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Can't step away from the knitting!

I got my new Trenna yarn in the mail Monday. I meant to take a photo of it, in all it's warm, russeted glory, but I lost my head and had it wound into a ball before I knew it. I ordered the colorway called Margo Jones. It is even lovelier than on the Little Knits website. I liked the colors better before I wound it into a ball, but then I started knitting with it and it just keeps getting better. I do believe that I am going to like this colorway better than the one I used for Ozark Autumn. I have already named this shawl "Autumn's Glory". It really is just that. I am losing myself in the luxury of knitting this.
I have this love affair with hand-painted, variegated yarns. It is so hard to stop when knitting with them, you want to knit "just one more row" to see how the colors interplay. I am so thankful for all the colors God has given us. There is such a vast richness in their beauty.
Isn't she lovely? Michael's reaction to the color? "No surprise".

1 comment:

Gina said...

So pretty! You're blessed to be able to wear those colors. I'd *turn* orange if I were to put that on! I can't wait to see this in person, too!