Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lavender Fields yarn

Yesterday was a good day to dye. Here is the Lavender Fields color way. I went with a different choice on the beads. I had been to our local bead shop last week and had seen these smoky lavender beads. When the yarn dried, I just knew that I had to have those beads . I was hoping that they were the perfect shade and they were. I had ordered the smoky gray for another design and thought that they would work with this design, but couldn't get the picture of the smoky lavender ones out of my mind.
Here is the yarn for the Traveling Shawl.
Here is my entrelac shawl. I finally weaved the yarn ends in. I'm still not sure about this color on me. This is special yarn from a friend in Germany. It is 100% alpaca and very soft. It is a lovely yarn for entrelac.
I finally found the perfect button for my Button Wrap. I am sooooooo ready for cool weather!
Knitting progress--finished the Left Front on my Michael's vest. Tonight, I will cast on for the Traveling Shawl. I want to get that thing on the road. Once I am through with that, it will be Lavender Fields all the way.
Apparently, I am a lace knitting enabler. I gladly give lace knitters permission to have multiple lace knitting projects in progress. I am almost afraid to go count how many I have going now. I know I have about 5 or 6 in line begging me to make them.

3 comments:

fleegle said...

That soft lavender is one of my favorite colors--the beads are really perfect!

Gina said...

Beautiful Lavender Fields yarn! And ooooh, you went to Argenta Bead? I am officially jealous! :)

Brandy said...

I love your Entrelac Shawl! It is absolutely stunning and I think the color is wonderful. It's patterns like that - that make me wish that I could knit...or at least had a friend that would knit one for me!! Great work!