Monday, September 29, 2008

Lovely trip, it was all lovely

I had a lovely trip, with lovely friends (Margie and Millie),
with lovely knitting time (I finished my shawl sample for my lace knitting class in Oct),

with lovely spinning time, with lovely weather and even met a lovely designer from another state. Her name is Karen. She is a lace knitting addict and designs for Vogue magazine. We were in lace-knitting-designing-talk heaven. She is holding up a shawl that she designed. It was breathtakingly gorgeous. It took 6000 yards of cobweb weight yarn and was worked on a size 1 needle.
It was all lovely. Here is a photo of Donna, Karen and me in my spinning costume. Donna is a weaver who is one of the demonstrators at Silver Dollar City. I was doing a spinning demonstration at her booth. Her husband, Gary, is a fantastic wood craftman. He makes wooden knitting needles, crochet hooks, floor looms and triangular looms.
Knitting progress--I finished a few more rows on my Lavender Fields shawl. I will be working on a scarf for my publishers this week. I will spend most of my knitting time trying to finish that, then I will get back to Lavender Fields.
Traveling Shawl progress
--It is in Virginia, now! 4 States down, 46 to go! Check out our blog here.

1 comment:

fleegle said...

Looks like you had fun! That cobweb shawl is exquisite!