Friday, October 3, 2008

I LOOOOOOOOOVE AUTUMN......

I dearly LOVE this time of year--the colors, mums, getting all my shawls and cardigans out, making big pots of homemade soups, fresh baked bread, the crisp chill in the air, the state fair!
This is a pin that my Michael and Ben bought me while I was gone last weekend. It is so KAY.

Here is the shawl that I designed for my lace knitting class next week. It is made in finger weight yarn that I bought from Little Knits. It was called Ranco Semi Solid in the color way Cinnamon bark. Love the slight variations of the colors. It was perfect for this shawl. I got the idea for this shawl when I was designing the shawl for the Traveling Shawl. When I was doing the diamonds on the Traveling Shawl, my knitting brain (that is always stuck in Autumn) wanted to make it a leaf, instead. The pattern was such an easy lace knit that I decided that it would make a good first time shawl for a class that I was teaching. I had the PERFECT colored yarn, so it was meant to be....Here is photo of my hand turned hooks. These are made by Gary, Donna's husband. I was able to add a size F to my collection this year.
Knitting progress--Still working on my scarf for my publishers (have to be doing this), working on a youthful version of my Twisted Yoke Cardi (want to be doing this), and slipping in a few rows of my Lavender Fields Shawl (need to be doing this).
Traveling Shawl progress--It is in Maryland, now! 6 States down, 44 to go! Check out our blog here.

No comments: