Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Kindness of Strangers

I am eagerly watching for the mailman everyday. Today, two packages came from Karen/KBentley in WA. In them there was some pins, thread and a total of 130 fat quarters stacked and folded ever so neatly. For those of you who do not know what a fat quarter is....it is a fourth of a yard of fabric. Fabric comes mostly in a 44-45" width. If you take a 36" length and cut it into 1/4, it will measure 18" x 22". That is a fat quarter.
Here are the photos of the fat quarters from Karen.
This is a total of 32 1/2 yards of fabric. Thank you so much Karen! You have been a blessing to me and the women I will be teaching.
Knitting progress: Almost finished with Sarah's Mitered Magic Cardigan, but ran out of green for the sleeves. I started working on Michael's other felted clog. Once I finish that one, I will start Ben a pair. He has been complaining about the cold floor and his feet being cold all the time. Every once in a while, he will steal mine. Poor thing, his feet are about 4" longer that mine, too.
Traveling Shawl progress
--It is now with Laura in Indianapolis, IN. 24 States down, 26 to go! Check out our blog here.

No comments: