Thursday, January 29, 2009

More Kindness

Today, I went to Kathie's, again. We (Kathie, Kay and I) stitched 26 quilt blocks before lunch. When I got home, I went down to JoAnn Fabrics to get tea stained muslin for my quilt back and ran into Beth, my potter buddy. We had been playing phone tag for a few days and she had some quilt fabric in her car for me. Here she was getting rid of some and going into a fabric store for more. She said when you get rid of some, you are free to shop for more. I like that way of thinking. I'll have to remember that excuse for when I get rid of some yarn.
She brought me some luscious greens and some great solids. Thank you Beth, you are a sweetie!

Last night, JenR brought me two bags of some more great solids. Thanks Jennifer!

I will have plenty to do in the coming weeks, sorting the different colors together.

Knitting progress: I worked on Michael's other felted clog. Will probably finish it tonight, may felt it tomorrow. It takes forever for these to dry. Will let Ben try them on so that I will know whether to make his the same size or larger. These may be too large for Michael and may become Ben's. Look at this pattern. Isn't it cool? Betcha want to knit one for your sweetie?
Traveling Shawl progress--It is now with Laura in Indianapolis, IN. 24 States down, 26 to go! Check out our blog here.

No comments: