Monday, January 26, 2009

My Extremely Busy Life

Last week was a blur of activity. Monday is always catch-up day for me. Tuesday was spent at the VA hospital with my father-in-law. Wednesday, I had a knitting group meeting. Thursday, I taught paper piece quilting to Kathie and Kay (another Kay). Friday, I spent cleaning house and grocery shopping. Saturday was a guild meeting at Di's with Cindy. Sunday was church and back to the hospital. Today was back to the hospital. I did get lots of knitting done on Sat, Sun and this morning. I finished with Emily's Mitered Cardigan and have the fronts and back on Sarah's done.
I plan on having these through with by Friday. I finished a shawl I was working on in some hand painted yarn.
My SOS for supplies have been being answered. I received these from Patricia, a member of one of my Fiber Guild, thank you Patricia!
This is came in the mail today from Glassneedle/Rena in NY. Thank you Rena!
My BFF (best fiber friend) Cindy gave me these. Thank you Cindy!
This is came in the mail Saturday from turtletrackz/Beth in TN. Thank you Beth!
This is my revised list as of today....
8 fat quarters per person
(a fat quarter is a piece of material that is 18" long by 22 1/2" wide)(if you don't have fat quarters, then just 1/2 yard fabric pieces will do nicely)
14 pairs of scissors (do you have any extras that you can spare?)
6 or 12" rulers (I have my rulers covered)
100 packets of straight pins (the kind that is on the paper strips would be great, too)
100 packets of sewing needles
100spools of natural colored sewing thread
100-1 1/4 yard pieces of solid backing fabric (can be flannel, too)

Any of the following would be a great blessing to our budget.
Please pray for me as I prepare for this.

Knitting progress: Another garter shawl and my kid's Mitered Magic Cardigan.
Traveling Shawl progress--It has paid a visit to Michelle in Brighton, MI and is now on its way to Indianapolis, IN. 23 States down, 27 to go! Check out our blog here.

No comments: