Friday, January 16, 2009

A Knitted Sontag or Tess's Shawl

I finished my new Shawl. It is called a Sontag. I have no idea where that comes from, since Sontag in German means Sunday. Maybe it was a shawl that was worn on Sunday. Not a clue.
I don't look very happy in this one. I probably was thinking about all the work that needed doing.


It is very nice and huggy! Very comfortable to wear. I am really surprised that I enjoyed knitting this. I HATE garter stitch, but sometimes it is just nice to knit without a thought in your head. It was a fairly quick knit. I know that it is a different color that last post, but I changed my mind on that yarn. I wanted something real plain for my knitting costume. I am working on another shawl in the hand painted. That will be my new brainless knitting project.
Yesterday, Michael had a business meeting in Jonesboro and I had the chance to go with him. 2 1/2 Hours of knitting to, 2 1/2 hours of knitting while he was in his meeting and 2 1/2 hours knitting on the way home. Ahhhhhhhh! Knitting heaven.
Now that I have that out of my system, I will get back on the Kid's Mitered Magic Cardigans.
Knitting progress: Nothing but Sontag.
Traveling Shawl progress--It is now in Dayton, OH. 22 States down, 28 to go! Check out our blog here.
We made it in another article. This time in KY. Check out the article here.

3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

It looks so warm and snuggly-are you dressed for a re-enactment? Looks like you could be.....

Stephanie Ann said...

This looks really pretty, I've been meaning to knit one but I am not a very good knitter yet. Yours matches your dress perfectly. Good job on it. I love your blog.

Kris said...

Henriette Sontag was an opera singer who very much favored the "bosom friend".