Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Look for 2009!

My son, Ben, changed my background on my blog. He is really great at computer technology. He has been working all week on a friend's website. Check his work out here. Cool, huh?
While he has been doing that, I have been knitting and ripping, knitting and ripping! For days! That is the trouble with designing a mitered knit design. You have row gauge working against st gauge and you have to make them agree!!!! Neither the rows or the sts were cooperating!
I do have the back and fronts done on Sarah's, now to start Emily's.
Knitting progress: 3 fronts that did not work, 2 backs that did not work and 2 fronts and a back that did. I can't wait to show you the design. Thankfully, they do not have to be finished until close to Easter.
Traveling Shawl progress--Susanna in Alabama personally handed off to Nestra in TN; Nestra mailed it to RoLynn in Russellville, KY. Actually, RoLynn is the only Ravelry Traveling Shawl person that I have met face to face. I visited Enchanted Yarn and Fibers in August of 2008. 20 States down, 30 to go! Check out our blog here.
Dorene in SC got us some great PR. Check out the article here.

2 comments:

Gina said...

1. Ben did a great job on Roger's site.

2. Can't wait to see the girls in their sweaters!

3. Great article on the Traveling Shawl. When it gets back here you need to hit up Larry A. @ church and have THV do a story! :)

Jackie said...

Great background. Love it!