Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fabric, fabric dust, fabric threads everywhere...

I have been feverishly working on getting the fabric part of the kits/packets ready for my craft demonstration/class in April at NM. It has, at times, been quite overwhelming. I would work all day washing, ironing, tearing fabric strips and only accomplish a small number of kits. To have all this fabric and have to match up colors was quite an overload for my color sensors! TOOOooo many choices! Better than not enough, though! I am so thankful that I do not have to do this alone. Sunday, I sent a bunch of needle packets home with my care group ladies to thread. I already have several back. Thanks Margie! One of my BKF (best knitting friends), Nancy came over yesterday and ironed fabric strips and squares. She and I got 57 finished. It seemed a really small amount for all the work we did. My Michael helped me tear some more strips last night and this morning I hit the ground running and got out 34 more kits. That makes for a total of 91!!!!! Only 59 to go.
Later this week, Nancy hopes to come back over and help me put all the supplies together for the total packages.
Knitting Progress: I finished my Ozark Autumn remake, finally! Finished all the finishing on my Petra and have been working on a scarf version of the Traveling Shawl for a photo.
Traveling Shawl progress--It has made it to Bonnie in LA. 28 Down and 22 to go. Check out our blog here.

No comments: