Thursday, February 19, 2009

Party's over and relatives gone home

Poppy's surprise birthday party was a big hit. It did him a lot of good to see family from out of state and friends. The party was indeed a momentous occasion. It was so good to see Patti and Bubba and Mary and Alan. My knitting class with Patti and Mary was a lot of fun. We worked on our Scribble Lace Shawls. Mary opted for the scarf version, while Patti did a version in between a scarf and a shawl. Me, I did the shawl. Here is a photo of mine...

I have been busy the last few days getting my kits ready for my mission/quilting/craft demonstration/class in April. We will be shipping everything ahead the end of March.
My biggest need is spools of natural colored sewing thread and solid white or natural fabric for backing. Email me and let me know if you can help with either of these needs. I am setting a goal of putting together 12-15 kits/packets every day. It takes a lot longer than you would think. The color options are mind boggling. I am enjoying that part.

Knitting progress: Well, I am almost finished with my Ozark Autumn Shawl. I have about 6-8 rows to go and then the edging. I was hoping to finish it this week, but what can I say, I have been led astray..... I am now working on a cardigan called Petra. I am making mine in Moda Dea Tweedle Dee. It is Kay colors, of course and I am loving it. It is a quick knit with a gauge of 12 sts and 16 rows = 4" on a size 10.5 needle. I finished a sleeve in 2 1/2 hours. This cardigan has great diagonal design elements that really get shown to great advantage with this yarn.

Traveling Shawl progress--It has been to Atlee in MS and is now on its way to Bonnie in LA. 27 Down and 23 to go. Check out our blog here.

No comments: