Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Butterfly Shawl emerges

I promised you a photo of my new shawl. I made it to wear in NM. I wanted another shawl like my Simple Colorplay and then decided to give it a tweak or two. It reminded my of a butterfly and since it emerged out of the cocoon of yarn, that is the name I have given it. I will wear it in the sontag/style, just like my Simple Colorplay. Once it is dry, I will get my son to take a photo of me wearing it sontag/style. This will be a free pattern, too. I just need to find time to write it down.
Here is my last hank of yarn dyeing. It is a wonderful mixture of terra cotta, adobe and clay colors. Real yum.

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Love the shape of this shawl!!! So what will the terra cotta yarn become?!

besnini said...

I LOVE this shawl. The shape is wonderful! I'm missing you, my friend. Praying for the BABR group of ladies :)