Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Link to Textured Circle Shrug

Here is the link to the Textured Circle Shrug.
Please let me give you some helpful advice on this knit:
Use a yarn that is light weight. I used a cotton/acrylic blend and it is a little too heavy. I would use a wool or wool/silk blend or a wool/acrylic blend.
Make a size that is a little smaller than your bust measurement. I made the size 40 and I am closer to 42. Otherwise, it will be too large. I read lots of these remarks on Ravelry.
When you get to the ribbing, be warned it take 10 times as long as the rest of the sweater.
Place markers, you will need them. If you ignore this, you WILL regret it.
If I made it again, instead of the 40 odd rows of ribbing, I would do 20 and then do the next 20 with short rows at the neck markers. Then you do increases on front bosom part and then 20 more rows of ribbing, here I would do only 10 and do them with short rows, too. The remaining 10, I would add to the seed st rows to make them 30. These 10 rows of ribbing show when you fold the neck back and I do not like that.
I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

No comments: