Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Nuttin but knittin and losing a few lbs!

OK, let's get it over with and say that I lost another 1.4 lbs this week.
Now for the pictures that I promised last week.
This is a shawl for a workshop that I hope to teach in September. It is my First Shawl pattern for first time lace knitting and using of beads.
This is my newest design. It is called Slice of Autumn and is knitted in Malabrigo lace weight. I love the flounciness of the edging. I did not block it. I just love it like it is.
I talked Teresa into modeling my Creme Brulee Spring in Bloom Cardi/Vest. I will soon be sending it to Jackie in Oregon.
This one is a new design. It is called my Leaf Yoke Cardi/Vest. I used some Soho Bulky Tweed in yummy Kay colors. I finally got to use my Knit Picks wooden buttons that I bought a long time ago.
Here is the same vest in some pine colored Lamb's pride Worsted. This one is for Millie. She gave me the yarn last year. She had bought it on one of our many trips to Broken Arrow Bible Ranch.
This is some yarn that Michael picked out for the Spring version of my Slice of Autumn/Spring. It is Regia Hand-Dyed Effect sock yarn. The colors are lovely.
Here is my favorite version. This is some sock yarn that I had left over from a previous design. It is Araucania Ranco Semi-Solid in Cinnamon Bark. I really love this yarn. It is a dream to knit with.
That is all for now. I am working on a Leaves A'blazin in Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool and a Little Elizabeth in some yummy raspberry colored Mini Maiden silk/wool blend sock yarn.
Got the yarn ready for my Fall in Love Cardigan and waiting for the yarn for Amy a Leaf Yoke Cardi/Vest.

2 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

The cardi would be perfect for the a/c living we do here-nice work on all the different versions! The new shawl is perfect; how exciting for beginner and expert alike!

SSK* said...

All Araucania yarn is awesome!!!