Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Quick Post

Saturday was the Spin-In at Mountain View, but I just did not really feel like going out of town for the day. I just wanted to be home. Yes, most of the time, I am a recluse. I like being home. Sometimes, I don't go anywhere all week. I am a home body.
Anyway, Saturday, I really wanted to spend the day spinning, so I called my BFF Cindy and we spent a lovely day just spinning and visiting. It did us both so much good. I think we need to have one a month, at least. Here is a pic of my bobbin full of lovely wool, hand painted by Wicked. It is called Memories of Virginia. I bought it at Mtn Magazine at the Fiber Extravaganza.
I have a renewed zeal for spinning. At the Fiber thing last month, I bought my dream wheel. Not just a Kromski Sonata, but a mahogany stained Sonata. It is a dream to spin on. It is portable, folds up into a easy to carry bag and I love it.
I feel so guilty for loving it so much. It is a good thing that my Ashford Traveler is at a friends or it would be so jealous and I would feel even more guilty. I will soon be selling it, so let me know if you are looking for one. She is a double drive and a wonderful warm cherry/red oak shade and comes with a lovely hand made bag. The friend who is borrowing her may buy her, but if not..... she will need a new home.
I finished 2 more squares on my Tulip Twist Quilt. I lack only 3 more squares, then I will get to put it all together. This is a Christmas present for someone next year. I won't even hint who. They don't read my blog, but just in case....I am keeping it a secret.
I had an appt this afternoon with Susan at Leisure Arts. I pitched another book idea, so now I have to get in knitting and writing mode. More later.
Seasons Of Life Shawl? Teresa, I hope to put it out soon.

3 comments:

Panhandle Jane said...

Lovely Sonata. Would it be possible for you to post some better pictures of the Traveller bag? Believe it or not, a discussion has been fairly constant on the Ashford Spinning Group on Ravelry about how to make one.

Delighted Hands said...

Horray for home bodies! I think the once a month spinning together is just the ticket. Beautiful single you spun up btw! I have often said that the Traveller is on my list....will let you know.

AllyB said...

Hello, I'm newly introduced to your blog and you have some beautiful things posted. I have an Ashford Traveller and I'd be interested to know how you made your carry bag for it, if you made it that is. Thank you and have a great day!