Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ta-Da!

I have been a lean-mean-organizing machine!
Last week, I worked a little on my LOOM ROOM. Just doing a little destashing and organizing, trying to clear a path or two. I love too many crafts! Quilting, knitting, spinning, weaving, dyeing yarn......
Monday, July 4th, we did not have any plans, so Michael fixed me a pantry. I had been wanting the odd corner in my kitchen to be made into a pantry for a long time. That corner just stayed junked up and really needed a purpose. And what better purpose than storage for small appliances and foods. I love to cook, so I always have a lot of stuff to cook with. Michael still has to frame it in and put doors on it, but until now, I am content.
Doesn't it look lovely. I need to go buy more groceries. I wish that you could have seen a BEFORE picture, but I was too ashamed to take one. My counter tops look so nice and bare.
Doing the pantry really energized me this week. I got started back on my tearing down wall border in my loom room and painting a wall in preparation for some cabinets to go above my looms. (I dropped a beater bar from one of my looms on a toe and now it is really lovely shade of purple). My buddy, Nancy, hooked me up with the cabinets. Her sons now own the company

Which leads me right in to a shawl that I finished last week. This is my new design called Intrigued Shawl. I made it for Becky, who is the wife of one of the sons.

I have gotten a little more done on Ben's quilt. I have a little ripping to do on a corner or so. I have put it away until the cleaning-freak-organizing bug goes away. Please stay with me for a long time!!!!
Then the TA-DA from my title, I finally finished my Bradford Leaf Throw and I love it!
I came up with a glorious leaf edging that just made it even more lovely.
I am so thrilled with the results. I can't wait to get the pattern up on Ravelry, but hope to enjoy the cleaning bug a little more.
I want to sign off today by recommending a book to you. I am reading a book called, The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs. What a great book and so eye-opening to our continual discontentment and how much of a sin it is. This is not a touchy-feely book. Be prepared to have your heart's toes stomped on, but it will be a great blessing to you. Buy it, read it and pass it on.

4 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

You are going to love your pantry-I have one and it is wonderful! The new shawl is beautiful-excellent as always! The B/ leaf throw is stunning-entrelac I assume? The quilt will wait for you....nice to see what is going on!

besnini said...

The bradford leaf throw is gorgeous!!! Of course everything you do is gorgeous. So happy for you about your pantry.

Becky Arnold said...

And I LOVE my shawl!!!! Thank you so very much! You are the best, Kay Meadors! :)

Becky Arnold said...

Sitting here crocheting an afghan and wondering if you talked to Carol Mack about us helping them with blankets. Is that something they would like us to make? Just let me know.